Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Why do I? - But I don't. Yes, you do. Nobody asked you. You didn't have to. You be quiet, you don't live here anyway. You're the one who began this dialogue. That was supposed to be a conversation about philosophy and neuropsychology. You changed the subject, it's only fair. Fine, why then? Well, don't feel too bad, I think it stems from your good qualities, but also your gullible ones. Doesn't this run a danger of overgeneralizing and falling into stereotypes? Yes, but can you really afford to make that mistake, and is it really doing you any good not to overgeneralize? I think that's a dangerous line of reasoning, and it has led me to make just as many foolish mistakes in the past. Hey, you wanted philosophy, here you go. A smartass reply, nice - I mean, what am I losing, after all? What are you gaining? It's not as simple as that. It can be. Now you're just playing the serpent in the garden. Fair enough, but you know at least one loss. That is a separate issue. How about growth, then? - How about your sanity? Growth is inevitable, and is it really affecting my sanity? You're talking to yourself, and the history proves it out. Am I done, then, is this it? It doesn't have to be, but you must face the possibility. Ah, possibilities...there's the problem. Well, maybe you should put some of your research to use...where's the "putting to use what I now know" that you wrote about? Fair enough, but I think the real problem is separating what are two or three very different things. Now we see eye to eye, your problem is one of roles, the same thing you've been pointing out to that woman at work. Yeah, so I have to stop letting it all blend together in a nice, emotional haze, and sort it out. I think we have a solution. Good, nice working with you, I will have to think on this with a clear head. You do that. Um, that means it's time for you to go now. You signed on for a three hour cruise, Gilligan, I'll leave when your charter is up. That's a creepy analogy, man. I know, let it be a chilling one and maybe you'll learn something.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

Huh? I'm lost.

BTW, it was nice talking with you the other day, even though the call was lost. The problem with blogs is that you can never adjust your language to fit the object of your communication. You totally lost me within the first four sentences.

8/16/2007 10:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home