Thursday, June 20, 2002

That half serious condemnation aside, it's been a pretty slow week. We had a person last week who protected the same customer under two different names, so the feces really hit the oscillating air circulation device, if ya know what I mean. I got a game this last weekend, and I've been playing it so much I've barely had any time to sleep, let alone get anything else done. I'm not a big game person, but The Longest Journey(tm) has got to be one of the best games I have ever played...and I played a lot of games back in the day, my friend - a lot of games indeed. In retrospect, that is probably the reason that I am not much of a game person, especially now. You shoot one monster trying to take over the world, you've shot them all, after all. Boring as shit. Of course, this is coming from a true fan of the original adventure games. You know, the ones that Sierra and everyone else have been declaring dead for years? To a certain degree, I don't doubt that they are. So are books. So is written correspondence. So are a variety of other things that make the world a more enjoyable and beautiful place. I don't care. I still smoke a pipe and make my own wine, and I'll be damned if I'm going to conform to the times if it means giving up art and poetry in everyday life. Bad enough we've forgotten it exists, I refuse to treat life and the world as if the dying are already dead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home