Thursday, August 04, 2005

I just found out that my father has cancer, you'll have to forgive me if I stop caring about everyone's little dramas for a while...also, we're apparently shortening our deadline we gave to our roommate by four days. I'm not really very happy about it. Everyone else I mention it to justifies it somehow, but to me it feels a bit like being dishonest. Not that it's going to make a big difference, the end result will undoubtedly be the same, but that's rather the point, now isn't it? "Not in my name" and all that, I doubt we'll find a roommate in four days' time, and it's not like we can't begin the interview process before the deadline, since we know what's going to happen.

Anyway, I'm not taking it (the Dad thing) too terribly poorly, which probably means it hasn't sunk in yet. Mindy isn't taking it well I don't think. All this talk of mortality reminds me I need to rewrite the will that got stolen. People hate it when I say that, but it's true. Talking about it doesn't make it happen, we're not animists, people. But yeah, my filter for "stuff I give a damn about" is set pretty high right now, all of you be warned.

1 Comments:

Blogger Brandy said...

I am so sorry to hear about your father. Is it prostate cancer?


My best wishes for your dad!!!

8/09/2005 4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home