Wednesday, August 18, 2004

I have got to start getting to bed earlier. Well, I've got to start getting up earlier, anyway. I'm tired of sitting awake in the middle of the night, and I'm tired of being unemployed. Only citizens vote, after all. I've been reading my old webpage archives and a bunch of early 90's newsgroup postings. The little trip down memory lane helps me to realize how far I've come. I no longer have the existential crisis looming in my mind, although there are some lingering aftereffects. I wish I could start the guitar class this semester. I wish I had a cat. I wish I wasn't 26 and just now going back to college. I wish a lot of things. Did you know that in Spanish there isn't a word for "wish"? I don't know if I think this is a hopeful thing or a sad thing. Kind of like the story I read one time about how the two saddest words in the english language are "if only". I miss...well, I miss someone. Someone I probably shouldn't miss, let's just say that.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel ya. I had to give up my cat due to my other half's allergies. Kitties are good things.

And I'm 24 and waiting for the right opportunity to go back to school. What, exactly, I'm waiting for... I'm not sure. At least you're going - good on you for that, babe.

Work here sucks, btw - but that's another story for another time...

--Sara

BTW - *here* is my online journal:
http://www.blurty.com/users/saritarose

8/19/2004 4:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home