Tuesday, July 09, 2002

It's very odd, this sensation...effective, I can't deny that. This is the first time in a long time that I have actually felt like doing something after work. Usually I just go home and sleep. I don't know if this is a good thing or not. Still, I suppose it is a necessity in my life, if I am ever to adjust to changing circumstances. I mean, it's not as if I am really going out and meeting people, and this is pathetic. I still have no good solution for it, but I think I can make some inroads this way. I think that for the first time in a long time, I am actually going to cook lunch for the week when I go home today. It's a sound idea, and financially wise. Might even be a little bit fun. Don't have any idea what I will cook, mind you, but I'm sure I'll figure something out. After all, I'm a resourceful young lad, I'll think of something.

Another thing that gets me is just how fast I type. I know that I have typed fast for quite a long time, ever since I got that collection of old Infocom text games, but since I started this job it has increased by quite a bit. I assume this is a good thing, carpal tunnel syndrome notwithstanding, of course. The only thing that worries me is that this might somehow interfere with my ability to learn the guitar. It's using the same parts of the body, and similar motor control, right? I can feel my typing ability growing confused since I started the guitar, so I'm guessing that this means I am learning it, although to tell you the truth it doesn't feel like it otherwise. This is the advantage of paying close attention to these sorts of things, though - you begin to mark progress where few can see it...unless they look.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home