Thursday, November 08, 2001

Wow! I'm finding all kinds of things today! Guide to Philosophy on the internet, for example. I have very little education in philosophy, unfortunately, although I have intentions of changing this. A lot of people think it's useless knowledge, but they're only sort of right. You see, it gives you the ability to argue a point so convincingly that you can convince people that you're right even if you're wrong. It is just this skill that I've always (admired/envied/hated) in a lot of people I know. My roommate for example...it really doesn't matter whether you believe something to be true or not, because he can argue it to the point that you either give up, or agree with him. This is even true when he's wrong, which is admittedly extremely rare about most topics. For a more general set of humanities resources...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home