Monday, May 21, 2007

Fundamentally, the question we should be asking ourselves is not, "can I find someone who makes me happy?". The question we should be asking ourselves is, "can I find someone that I can make happy?"

Rather puts a different spin on things, don't you think? Yes, a fundamentally different question.

That's the problem I keep running into, really. I have met a number of interesting people over the course of a lifetime, and have had no small success in bedding and/or having relationships with them, but that's not the whole of it, now is it? I meet a lot of people, and being single and a fairly good reader of people I tend to over time get an idea of what people want. They want a lot of different things, a lot of different qualities, a lot of different characteristics...most of those aren't my strong points. Oh, I have fantastic qualities and attributes in many other areas, some completely novel to most people. Not those, though. In some cases, so much not those that these qualities are antithetical to my hard-won personality traits already in place. This sort of conflict is admittedly rare, but it comes up from time to time. I was going to make an analogy about anthropology majors searching for jobs, but the inevitable conclusion of that comparison didn't seem as funny as the initial analogy.

I can't remember the last time someone had a crush on me. Oh god, even worse - I can. That's it, this summer I'm growing a beard and learning linear algebra.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a crush on you

5/21/2007 4:00 PM  
Blogger Isaac said...

That's nice, miss Anne Nonymous. Unfortunately, as I've said before, anonymous posters are like the virtual particles of the internet - they don't really exist. They're conjured up by the internet as some sort of cosmic balancing act, and cease to exist just before they actually achieve full existence.

5/23/2007 4:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home