Monday, July 12, 2004

So, I'm in Mexico. After three days of traveling by bus, while putting myself through the throes of nicotine withrdrawal at the same time, (because I'm smart that way - I pile lots of difficult things on myself at the same time so I have a harder time adjusting to any of them) we arrived in Guanajuato. Everything is vertical! Walking is the order of the day, every day, and it's all uphill or down very steep slopes. That, and the dance class my dad convinced me to sign up for is also very physically trying. I'm convinced that he's trying to kill me through the use of stairs.

The first thing I always notice about Mexico is the smell. It always smells faintly of exhaust fumes, which I assume is because they still use leaded gas here. It's odd, because it reminds me of my early childhood, when it used to smell like that in Denton. Specifically, my dad's old truck. It's kind of funny, the way that works out. Additinally, trying to type with a Mexican keyboard is very difficult. ñ¿ and stuff keep popping up. I'm having a blast, though, and I'm thinking about doing a semester program here, so that I can get all of my spanish requirements out of the way here. It's a really neat town, with an active nightlife and a really good school. Apparently, my mother wouldn't be too fond of the idea, but I'm going to broach the subject carefully. Thirteen weeks of total immersion Spanish for 600 dollars is a pretty good deal, in my opinion.

Well, that's all for now, keep checking it, because I assure you it will be updated while I'm here fairly regularly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home