Thursday, August 29, 2002

Not exactly in Dallas, or really even close, but still a huge, huge event that deserves your full attention (and donation), the The Kerrville Folk Festival is really a landmark cultural event. The North Texas Irish Festival sounds like a good place to drink, raise money for charity, and meet redheaded women. Woohoo! The Dallas Video Festival sounds like something to check out. I know I will almost certainly find at least somthing of interest there. I like rare and unusual movies and the like. The Dallas Festival of Arts & Jazz recently consolidated with the Dallas Blues and Art Fair to make the Dallas Rhythm-n-Blues Festival and Art Fair. Unlike most of the stuff I've posted, this one has yet to be held this year. I think it's September 20-21 - Go check it out, it sounds like fun. The Kung Fu Cult presents: The Asian Film Festival of Dallas. I'll bet they do a lot of Kung Fu movies. Just a guess, though. I don't know if this is a yearly thing or not, but it sounds like a lot of fun. I like cheesy old kung fu movies. Now if, for some reason, you want to go to the biggest state in the union, instead of the second biggest, visit the Alaska Folk Music page. They have listings for a few festivals.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home