Tuesday, February 19, 2002

Looking for rare books? I found four copies of a book I've been searching for for years. When I was about 12 or 13, I decided to read all the books in the junior high school library. Well, granted I was given "lunch detention", which essentially meant I was going nowhere anyway, but it was still kind of an accomplishment. I was supposed to be doing a research paper, but I procrastinated for three and a half months and did it all in one night, effectively justifying my contempt for the assignment. Anyway, one book out of all of these stood out, and I have been trying to get a copy of it ever since. Apparently, however, it is a rare book, and out of print, as well. Damnit. Anyway, I went to the link above and ran a search for Greensleeves, by Eloise Jarvis McGraw, incidentally one of the best books I have ever read, at least as far as I remember, and lo and behold - there were four copies available. Priced at 65 dollars and up. Eeek. Maybe I'll wait a couple of days, until I get paid.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home