Tuesday, September 17, 2002

I've been considering trying vegetarianism again. I managed to do quite well for myself for about three weeks, until my grandmother made pot roast for me. My grandmother thinks that vegetarianism is akin to joining a cult or something. She kept trying to slip meat carefully hidden into my mother's food. This would not have been a problem, except that my mother had been a vegetarian for so long that she had lost the ability to process the enzymes, and so kept getting mildly sick from about three bites of it. Bear in mind that the pot roast was for my birthday, and you can see why there was no way I could avoid eating it. And besides, I do love pot roast. In fact, I am far too much of a carnivore to be vegetarian for very long, but I think I can manage it for a while, anyway. I figure that as long as I'm eating complete proteins, it's probably better for me than meat right now, what with all the crap on the news lately.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home